Friday, June 18, 2004

The President Joins us today!

On the way to work I got to hear a lot of his speech. Everyone says that he is unable to communicate. Even I do occasionally, but what I have found is that it does depend on what he talks about and to who he is talking. The men and women at Ft. Lewis loved him. He thanked him repeatedly for their work. The man was on top of his game to my ears. He has a positive message to give. Kerry wishes he had a message that was positive. It was interesting to note that NO major news media in the Seattle area carried the speech at all. Only Northwest Cable News did. I wonder why that is? Again there is no media bias here, nope none at all. When I did get a chance to see some of the video I did notice that when he was done he went off to shake hands with some of the lucky soldiers, and I did not see any secret service personal trying to be as close to him as possible. Maybe they know that he was really in a safe place, and yes I know everyone there must have had a background check done on them. He hit the points of his speech dead on. Free Iraq, Let the people have their country back and his five point plan. Most importantly when he is doing a speech like this, he talks like a person, a real person. Kerry will never be able to do that. If the President can not be the Great Communicator, then at least he is the man with the message, and that is more than good enough for me.

1 comment:

DANEgerus said...

The way the media prey's upon him I don't blame Dubya for being very careful. As his audience is... well... everybody... he also over compensates to try to speak plainly for everyone.

But he can be very witty and I hope he breaks loose a bit in the debates.

Either way... who'd you rather have a beer with? Dubya or the elitist?

Winner or Whiner... that's your choice in November.