Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Dave Reichert walks out on a debate?

From the Seattlepi

King County Sheriff Dave Reichert is sick and tired of "dirty politics," and he's not going to take it anymore.

Reichert was irked by recent direct mailings from Tebelius and Esser questioning his loyalty to the Republican Party and blaming him for a $7 million settlement paid out because of a lawsuit involving late overtime payments to sheriff's office employees, according to Bruce Boram, his campaign manager.

"Diane and Luke know better than that, and they should be ashamed," Reichert said in an interview after the forum. "If you are going to attack me, attack me with facts -- not misleading information or things taken out of context."

"Everyone tells him, 'This is how politics is played,' " Boram said. "His response is, 'It shouldn't be like this.' "

I have to agree with both sides on this one. Right now I am going to vote for Reichert, because he is not a politician. That is a big plus for me. I want to ask these other two: what happened to the eleventh commandment? Republicans should not be playing dirty with each other. Its never good to walk out on a debate but I understand why he did. It got attention, that’s what he wanted.

No comments: