Thursday, September 23, 2004

Soldier beaten at concert

From NBC 4I news:

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported. Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

Well Kerry wanted Viet Nam. Looks like he is getting it. Is this how Kerry wants people to treat soldiers? This guy, this coward, that beats up on a single soldier, from behind. He is such a piece of crap. Hay come and find my fat old ass and try that crap on me. Or better yet go to your local army base and find a infantry man and punch him in the face. Yes you would have to face him and not sucker punch him, but you will defiantly find a different result to your actions. I hope find this piece of crap and through the book at him.

No comments: