Monday, August 23, 2004

Dole Finally Interesting

All over, but quotes from BitsBlog:

"One day he's saying that we were shooting civilians, cutting off their ears, cutting off their heads, throwing away his medals or his ribbons," Dole said. "The next day he's standing there, `I want to be president because I'm a Vietnam veteran.' Maybe he should apologize to all the other 2.5 million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one in Vietnam."

Dole added: "And here's, you know, a good guy, a good friend. I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of. I mean, they're all superficial wounds. Three Purple Hearts and you're out."

Kerry spokesman Chad Clanton replied: "It's unfortunate that Senator Dole is making statements that official U.S. Navy records prove false. This is partisan politics, not the truth."

This is the most interesting thing that Dole has said since the charisma meter imploded during his run at the big office! Now if Dole believes what is in this book, and it seems he does, it can not be good news for the Johns. I mean that a lot of things have been said about Dole (like he is very boring), but I don’t think I have ever heard anyone question his honesty or integrity? Not that I can remember at least.

I also have to agree with Bit here. It is very interesting that at one time Kerry called the military and its records liars, but now they are the golden unquestionable truth? Well I might even agree with that a little if it were not for 200+ people that were there and witnessed events live and in living color (apparently they did not need to make movies for there memory to work also). If it were one or two other vets you could dismiss it but 200+? Now if your are that major media I wonder what the threshold is before you start covering a story? 10,000 1,000,000? Who knows, most likely they just don’t care, they don’t want to care, they want there Kerry no matter what the truth is!

No comments: