Friday, October 01, 2004

My Take on the Debate

Today I am finding my self in a interesting position. I disagree with DANEgerus. He things that Bush smacked Kerry around, but I disagree. Bush missed several opportunities and in at least a couple of points he seemed to let himself get flustered. Kerry on the other hand was on the attack. Bush was on message and did nail Kerry on several points I thought. Me I just wanted to see Bush nail Kerry every chance he could. Bush did point out several times Kerry’s stupidity by using his own words against him, but sometimes failed to follow up. For example when Bush brought up the 87 billion dollars, Kerry said he spoke badly, but Bush did not follow through at all. He should have said something like’ ok you misspoke, but you still voted to not fund the war, voted to not support the troops, you said that I sent them into battle with out proper equipment, after you voted down the money needed to get that equipment. He did not do that, he just let it go. There were many other missed opportunities, but on the whole I believe this is a draw. I just hope Bush does better next week.

No comments: